Career Opportunity: Assistant to the Early Childhood Education program
Start Date: November, 2019
This position is a temporary mentorship opportunity, and will require the successful candidate to attend work from 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Thursday, from the start date of employment through to March 31, 2020.
In collaboration with Education and Programs Manager and the Early Childhood Educator (ECE), the Assistant to the Early Childhood Educator role assists Esquimalt Nation with a variety of tasks to ensure that the Education & Programs department runs smoothly. Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Preparing snacks and arranging rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assisting the ECE and Education & Program Manager in running, planning and preparing for programs
- Other duties as required (see attached job description)
Successful candidates will:
- Have a minimum of one-year experience in working with children
- Have a minimum of two-years’ experience in working in a First Nations community
- Hold and maintain a clear criminal record check for working with vulnerable populations
- An interest in exploring the Early Childhood Educator (ECE) designation program
Click here for the full job description.
Only applicants successful in the screening process will be contacted. If you have any questions regarding jobs at Esquimalt Nation, please contact Maddy Coxford at HR@esquimaltnation.ca.