Resource Coordinator - Esquimalt Nation
Full time 64 – 80 hours biweekly $27.56/hour
In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Community Resource Department, the Resource Coordinator will work directly with Esquimalt Nation community members to assist in a variety of social-service affairs, including:
- Assisting members in accessing both internal and external resources;
- Providing advocacy for members in cases involving financial planning, tax return services, employment assistance and issues involving the Ministry of Children and Family Development;
- Providing employment counselling services to nation members, including development of resumes and applying for jobs;
- Seeking funding for resource access both on and off reserve;
- Assisting with off-reserve housing applications and working to find solutions to member homelessness;
- Providing front-line support to members and connecting them with appropriate professionals.
Successful candidates will:
- Have 3 years’ experience working as an employment counsellor or within a resource role, either with or for First Nations communities;
- Have experience and/or understanding of the role of a support worker;
- Have a diploma or degree in a Social Services or Education related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered);
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Have the ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with outside service providers and agencies;
- Preference will be given to applicants of Esquimalt Nation and/or Indigenous descent.
HOW TO APPLY
A full job description is attached. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th at 4:00pm. Late applications will not be considered.
The full job description can be found here: Resource_Coordinator_final.docx
Only applicants successful in the screening process will be contacted. If you have any questions regarding jobs at Esquimalt Nation, please contact HR@esquimaltnation.ca.