Program Supervisor - Esquimalt Nation
Full time 64 – 80 hours biweekly $31.48/hour
In collaboration with the Director of Education and the Education department, the Program Supervisor will provide a wide range of supervisory and program development support. This position has a strong focus on supervisory and project management skills. The Program Supervisor will work with the education team to apply for funding, develop, plan and execute a number of K-12 programming in the Esquimalt Nation community, in addition to providing overall support, advocacy and supervision to the education team. These responsibilities include:
- Developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards and navigating operational problems;
- Applying for funding for, and executing on, the full development of in-community K-12 programs and events;
- Providing advocacy and support for Esquimalt Nation families, including developing connections with the school districts and liaising with them when necessary;
- Managing all programs, and implementing community feedback when required;
- Planning the community events for children and youth at Esquimalt Nation;
- Budgeting for events, programs and staffing dollars, as well as ensuring that the education department stays within the assigned budgets;
- Provides overall direction to program staff.
Successful candidates will:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience directly supervising the work, and managing the performance of, others;
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working with children and youth;
- Have a degree or diploma in the education field. A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Have the ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with outside service providers and agencies;
- Preference will be given to applicants of Esquimalt Nation and/or Indigenous descent.
HOW TO APPLY
A full job description is attached. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com by June 15th at 4:00pm. Late applications will not be considered.
A full job description can be found here: Program_Supervisor_final.docx
Only applicants successful in the screening process will be contacted. If you have any questions regarding jobs at Esquimalt Nation, please contact HR@esquimaltnation.ca.